Svenska Skolföreningens policy för förvarande av personuppgifter
Personal Data Collection Statement
Background: The Swedish School in Singapore ( a.k.a. Svenska Skolföreningen i Singapore)(“SSfS”) must
comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) in relation to the collection, use,
disclosure and security of your personal data.
The PDPA recognises your rights to access and correct your personal data held by SSfS as well as the
needs of SSfS to collect, use and disclose your personal data for the legitimate purposes of SSfS.
Purpose: Personal data that is collected about you and your family (including you and your child’s
identity documents, contact details, date of birth and medical information) may be collected, used,
disclosed or processed for the following purposes:
(1) to determining eligibility for enrolment at SSfS
(2) assessing, monitoring, reporting on student progress
(5) responding to your questions and feedback
(7) teaching or activities through field trips, concerts and performances, co-curricular activities or inter-
(10) supply of goods and services to parents and students which SSfS or third parties on behalf of the
School may offer.
(12) conducting surveys of parents and students either by the school or a third party on behalf of the
school to assess the performance of the school as a whole
(13) safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, parents and staff
(14) ensuring all relevant legal obligations of SSfS parents, students and staff are complied with
(15) make use of photographs, videos or sound recordings of students in SSfS publications, website or
other external media (unless explicit instructions have been given by the parents that this is not
(16) maintaining relationships with students and parents of SSfS for fundraising, marketing or
promotional purposes by SSfS and its affiliate organisations
(17) promoting SSfS and its affiliates such as Swedish Church in Singapore, Swedish Women’s
Educational Association International, Swedish Embassy to existing and prospective families such
through post or email.
(18) all other matters relating to your child’s enrolment and education at SSfS or operation of SSfS that
SSfS deems necessary or reasonable.
Consent: You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and your
child(ren)’s personal information for the purposes set out in the ‘Purpose’ section above.
Access and Correction: You have the right to request to access and/or correct the personal data held
about you and your child(ren) by SSfS and SSfS shall respond to such request as soon as reasonably
You may contact SSfS in writing (together with proof of your identity) to confirm whether and how SSfS
has used or disclosed your or your child(ren)’s personal data (up to the last 1 year before the date of
your request), request that any errors or omissions in your or your child’s personal data be rectified,
request access to the PDPA policies of SSfS or request that SSfS make available information relating to
complaints procedures that may arise in relation to PDPA.
You may also withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal
data at any time and SSfS will advise you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent.
SSfS must be able to verify your identity before it can accept any access or correction requests from you
Data protection co-ordinator: Written requests for access and correction can be made to the personal
data protection co-ordinator at SSfS at email@example.com
Security and Retention: SSfS will ensure that your personal data is always secure by implementing
appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying or
modification of your personal data, in particular when the processing of data involves third parties.
SSfS will only retain your and your child(ren)’s personal data for so long as there is a legitimate business
or legal reason for retaining the personal data or if required by any law.
Last Update: March 2017
Svenska Skolföreningen i Singapore bedriver svenskundervisningen i lokaler på
Adress: 1 Woodleigh Lane, 357684, Adams Building, plan 5.